Wednesday, June 10, 2009

LAKE MILLS TRIATHLON

Share
Weather-rainy and chilly
water temp-warm
wind- not much

I recently raced the Lake Mills Triathlon. I have done this race many times before and was glad to be back. There was a minor change to the bike course due to construction but the rest stayed the same.

I started in the elite heat and from past experience know the swim starts out fast. I sprinted the first 25 yards or so and began drafting the leader. I lost him at the buoy and spent the rest of the swim next to someone so I didn't need to look up at all. I came out 3rd and felt good.

The bike was fun and I felt good although I was passed by many people. At the turn around I saw friends Cindi and Ryan behind me. There wasn't as much drafting on the bike this year that I noticed which was nice.

My run felt good as well. This course is great for people like me who like flat and fast runs.

In the end I finished 5th in my age group and 20th overall. It was a fun race except for the rain.

No comments: