Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pardeeville Triathon

Share

Yesterday was the Pardeville tri. This race is very cool because it has a small town feel, the bike and run are quite flat, and there is great support on the run. Capital City Multisport had a good showing with three members bringing home hardware.

This was my first time racing here. I had a nice swim and came out first-then slow tranish and was second on the bike. I passed the first biker and was riding first until my bro passed me. Then I got passed by a few legit riders and eventually some drafters.

The ride was fast and flat except for a few sections of tailwind. Ryan had a great bike and averaged about 23.8 or so for the whole 15.

My run was uneventful because I had about 1 min ahead and behind me. Ryan was right in the middle of a group on the run and had a nice run and finished 6th overall. I ended up 12th overall.
It was a fun race. Jenny from Wistri series does a great job (I think she raced this tri and won the female group).

I would reccomend this race to anyone who is looking for a fast, fun, race and looking for a smaller hometown fee.

Congrats to Ryan G who finsihed 6th overall with a great swim,bike and run. (without drafting).

Also congrats to Chris Lopez who is a newly minted triathlete. He has been training for long distance races but decided to check his endurance. He had a great first sprint, finishing 20th overall with a fast bike and run. Nice job Lopez. Watch out for this guy when IM Moo comes around! He is a powerful biker and has a solid run.

No comments: